MWC G10 300m / 1000ft Water resistant Military Watch in PVD Steel Case with Sapphire Crystal (Non Date)
SKU Code: G10/PV/300/ND
The MWC 300m / 1000ft water resistant G10 models in black PVD stainless steel have the highest water resistance rating of any G10 / General Service watch anywhere in the world. The watch has a highly scratch resistant sapphire crystal and an incredible 10 year battery life. Although this G10/98 Specification watch like many of our other variants traces it's origins right back to our earliest G10 designs in the 1980's this model is totally updated and no other General Service watch currently in production can beat it's specification.
Currently MWC is the only contractor producing NATO specification infantry watches which meet a water resistance rating of 300m / 1000ft as opposed to the standard 30m or 50m (99ft or 165ft) rating of other manufacturers. Whilst the screw down crown and screw caseback greatly improve the water resistance the Ronda 715li movement with 10 year battery life significantly decreases the maintenance requirements of the watch. The watch has a sandblasted non reflective black case, sandblasting is a process which was historically used on a large number of military watches from other manufacturers and has not been widely employed since the 1990s, although more costly to manufacture than other steel finishes it offers the best non reflective characteristics and is vastly superior to both standard brushed or satin stainless steel cases.
When we secured a contract to produce this model it was specified alongside the requirements that it be covert that it have a screw caseback, 300m water resistance, sapphire crystal and screw down crown. The end result of all these improvements means that the specification of our 300m water resistant G10 watches is totally unique, low maintenance and highly durable.
The watch is supplied with a black NATO strap although we can supply a wide range of straps in other colors if you wish to purchase another option.
The back of the case bears various contract markings in addition to the unique serial number.
- Case Diameter: 40mm Excluding the crown
- Case Diameter: 42mm Including the crown
- Lug to Lug: 46mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Weight: 66g
- Dial Color: Black
- Luminosity: Super Luminova (please note the night-time picture of this watch shows a variant of the same model)
- Case Material: 316L Black PVD Stainless Steel
- Caseback: Screw down, 316L Stainless Steel
- Crown: Screw Down 316L Black PVD Stainless Steel
- Water Resistance: 30atm (300m/1000ft)
- Battery: CR2016 Lithium - Estimated life 10 years
- Crystal: Sapphire *
- Movement: Ronda 715li
- Strap: NATO issue strap 20mm
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.